- How do I sign up?
- How do I sign up as a lender?
- Gear rental guarantee
- Can I get guarantee for my gear which is more than $1000?
- Am I covered as a borrower?
- What is the claims process?
- How do I get $10 off my first rental?
- For each transaction that is made through the marketplace, there will be a lender transaction of: 20% - What does this mean?
- I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- Do you allow guest checkout?
- What are the different order statuses and what do they meant?
- Will I be charged any fees for making a purchase?
- How do I check my order's status?
- How do I make a credit/debit card payment?
- How do I know that my online payment is secure?
- Can I cancel my order and get a refund?
- I did not receive my item, what am I supposed to do?
- The item condition has significant discrepancies from what was stated in the item description. Am I able to get a refund?
- How do I list my gear?
- Can I denote my items in another currency?
- Why can’t I log in to my lender dashboard?
- How do I edit my item information?
- Can I add a few delivery addresses, delivery options and pick-up locations?
- What is the purchasable button for?
- Why can’t I find the right category for my item?
- How do I keep track of my sales?
- How can I keep track of orders that I receive?
- Are there any subscription fees or listing fees on Share My Gear?
- How are the Paypal fees calculated?
- What items are prohibited on Share My Gear?
- Why is my gear deleted/banned?
- How much should I charge to rent out my gear?
- Can I get help writing my profile and posting a listing?
- What contact information should I give the user?
- Can I list more than one gear?
- How do I take good quality photos?
- What conditions do I have to fulfill in order to rent my gear?
- My gear is not is working condition. Can I still list it?
- How do I arrange the handover?
1. Paid – after you have successfully made a payment, the marketplace will automatically create an invoice ID and order ID and tag each gear order status as paid.
2. Ready for pick-up – after the lender has set up, he can change the item’s order status to “Ready for pick-up”. The marketplace will automatically send an email to inform you to pick-up the item at the selected pick-up location.
3. Completed – once you have picked-up the gear, the lender will set the item’s order status to “Completed”.
4. Refunded – lender will set the item’s order status to “Refunded” when he has made a refund to you.
If both you and the lender have agreed on returning the item, you should take note of the following.
- You must return the item in the exact same condition in which it was received.
- It is your responsibility as the buyer to pay for the return cost of shipping.
- You, as the renter, need to pay for any charges incurred on the returned item.
As part of the mediation process, the admin will review the chat history, item description, photos of the item provided by both you and the lender, and any other information about the item that you and the lender have provided. You should always communicate through the admin so that you will be protected by our Terms of Service.
Provide us with all the relevant details such as the item category & sub-category, name, price, description, quantity, image and the delivery/pickup options.
Once you are happy with your listing, click on “SAVE” and your listing will be published.
So what are you waiting for? Start listing your first gear on Sharemygear now!
2. Choose the gear you want to edit, and click on the sign.
3. You will be redirected to your specific listing’s details page.
4. From there, you may edit any details you would like.
5. Once you are happy with the new details, click on “Save” and your edits will be reflected.
If you add more than one delivery options and/or your pick-up locations, your client has the choice of selecting their preferred option when renting a gear from you. You can always add more delivery options or pick-up locations by first navigating to your user settings through you profile’s drop down bar before clicking on the “Delivery methods” tab. Alternatively, you can add new options whenever you are uploading new gear onto Share My Gear.
Anytime you have completed a certain action to fulfill the order, you can change the order status by clicking on the drop down bar. In the event that you are fulfilling multiple orders at the same time, you can also mass update the order statuses. Simply check the boxes of the relevant orders and click on the “Change Status” button.
Share My Gear requires all lenders and users to abide by the laws of the jurisdictions in which you are operating and lending. If you are shipping items across international borders, we expect all members to follow the local laws of both the exporting and importing countries.
Therefore, even if an item is illegal in one country but legal in another, it would still be strictly prohibited in Share My Gear. Share My Gear does not allow any listing that through images or descriptions facilitate or promote illegal acts when applied under a specific context.
Share My Gear expects all users to only list items that are legal. All items must not present legal risks to our community, be inconsistent with Share My Gear values or harmful to our members.
Your price will vary depending on the type of gear you are renting out, and where and when you are renting it. Holiday seasons and locations will likely have an impact. Also look at what others are doing on the site.
You should consider charging for any of your included accessories.
You might also choose to charge an additional cost to provide the option of a drop-off and pick-up service.
In the end, though, you should charge whatever makes it worthwhile for you.
Based on a variety of online info, the following might be a good starting point for the different type of gear that you rent to others;
Kayak or canoe rental:
- $18/Per day
- $22/Per day
- $54/Per day
- $15/Per day
- $8/Per day
- $7/Per day
- $5/Per day
- $41/Per day
Golf club set:
- $22/Per day
- $5/Per day
- $5/Per day
There are a few tips to follow to take good quality pictures:
- First impressions count! - always include photos of your gear. This ensures browsers and regular renters will fall in love with your gear quicker because you are speeding up their decision making process. We all love to save time!
- Resolution - most smart phones take good quality photos. You can also use a digital camera. Look out for over pix elation and blurriness. No one likes to come off over-exposed or faded, and your gear certainly wont like it either.
- The right light - Avoid direct sunlight or nighttime when taking your photos. Anything from a bright to overcast day should give you good natural lighting.
- Interesting background - Do you have a favourite spot or do you know the location of an interesting brick wall or unusually patterned fence? Go there. It’ll give your photo more character.
- Go pro! - Frame your gear well, leaving space to the right and left of the gear. Also, the composition of your photo should aim to show 1/4 ground and 3/4 wall.